Airdrie, Alta.  - Mayor Peter Brown, president of the Airdrie Health Foundation, and vice-president Michelle Bates smile for the camera at the Airdrie PCN, November 13, 2014. The duo are urging residents to participate in the health survey hosted by the Alberta Health Services and Task Force for the health of Airdrie.  Dawn Smith/Airdrie Echo/QMI Agency

Airdrie Well being Basis and a busy month in healthcare information: What’s on in Airdrie – Friday, March 31

Content material of the article

Good morning Airdrie!

Commercial 2

Content material of the article

Healthcare has been on the forefront of dialog all through March, and with that we thought it finest to try the group on the forefront of healthcare in Airdrie, the Airdrie Well being Basis. From her tragic beginnings in 2009, by way of her battle for twenty-four/7 care and her present function as a charity supporting healthcare in Airdrie. Learn our story concerning the basis right here.

Whereas particulars had been sparse, the province introduced $3 million to plan a North Calgary/Airdrie Regional Well being Middle in early March. Talking concerning the funding, provincial well being minister Jason Copping mentioned the well being heart was only one approach to handle well being care in Airdrie.

Promoting 3

Content material of the article

Airdrie is rising and north Calgary can be rising. What are the wants for this space not solely on the acute care entrance, however throughout the spectrum of well being care providers. Group care and residential care, for instance, Copping mentioned.

Airdrie-East NDP candidate Dan Nelles voiced his considerations concerning the plan, together with NDP power critic Kathleen Ganley on March 6.

The one factor we have seen from this Airdrie-related well being heart is the hasty addition to the tip of the price range line. It utterly ignores the wants of Airdries, he mentioned. It would not commit any shovels to the bottom and would not meet the wants of Airdries at the moment. That is a part of our household medication group’s plan to do a right away repair, however in the long run there undoubtedly must be a assessment of the infrastructure on this space to find out what could be executed and the place issues must go.

Content material of the article

Promoting 4

Content material of the article

In a single day the evening earlier than the NDP press convention there was a quick concern that Airdrie Pressing Care wouldn’t have the ability to see sufferers in a single day on account of a scarcity of a health care provider, however closure was averted when physician protection was discovered on the final minute .

Later within the month AHS introduced that Pressing Care estimated wait instances had been now out there on-line. In the meantime, Pressing Care is getting an $8.4 million renovation in 2023.

WH Croxford is holding its Motion for Psychological Well being charity occasion over the subsequent two days in help of Airdrie Well being Basis and the psychological well being screening space of ​​pressing care amenities. Learn extra right here.


On Friday the forecast is generally sunny with a excessive of 8 levels Celsius, principally cloudy at evening with a low of -8 levels Celsius. Saturday ought to see a excessive of 6 C with a 40 % probability of showers, a 40 % probability of showers or thunderstorms with a low of -4 C. Sunday’s excessive is zero with snow within the forecast, in a single day has a 60 % hundred probability of disturbances with a low temperature of -8C.

Promoting 5

Content material of the article

Upcoming occasions

Irricana Easter Egg Hunt | April 1 10 am to three:30 p.m. | Irricana Lions Group Corridor

Irricana is internet hosting its annual Easter Egg Hunt at 10am on April 1st. There will likely be plenty of enjoyable actions, together with face portray and glitter tattoos, in addition to a dance from 12:30 to three:30 p.m. Youngsters beneath 10 have to be accompanied by an grownup to the dance. See the City of Irricanas web site put up right here.

Delight Pages | April 3 7 p.m. | Airdrie Public Library

Airdrie Delight, in partnership with the Airdrie Public Library, is internet hosting a e book membership specializing in 2 SLGBTQ+ books. Aprils e book is Enjoyable Dwelling: a Household Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel. Ages 14 and up. Registration is required. Register right here.

Prairie Mountain Fiddlers | April 8 2 p.m. | Bert Church Theatre

Commercial 6

Content material of the article

Again by standard demand! This will likely be an gratifying afternoon, full of fine outdated fiddle music. The Prairie Mountain Fiddlers play for the folks and for his or her love of music. It is all about good old style enjoyable! Tickets are $25 and could be bought right here.

Bunny Run Meals Financial institution Raiser | April 8 11 am to three p.m. | Iron Horse Park

Because the occasion was unable to work on Household Day this yr, Iron Horse Park plans to host a fundraiser for the Airdrie Meals Financial institution on April 8, climate allowing. Convey a non-perishable meals donation or buy a ticket to help the Airdrie Meals Financial institution. For extra data, see the Iron Horse Park web site.

Airdrie Farmers Market Spring Fling | April 8 10 am to 4 p.m. | City and nation heart

Promoting 7

Content material of the article

Admission is a donation to the Airdrie Meals Financial institution.

Airdrie Public Library

There are a lot of actions to stay up for on the Airdrie Public Library. Chess Membership is held each Tuesday afternoon from 6:30 to eight p.m. to check your methods or simply have enjoyable along with your neighbors. On Wednesday evenings we meet with the Scrabble Membership, E book Membership and Writers Group for his or her weekly conferences. There are a lot of different actions, each leisure and academic, for folks of all ages. See for extra.

Have an occasion you’d just like the group to learn about? Electronic mail to function in our every day roundup of issues occurring in Airdrie.

Commercial 8

Content material of the article

In case you missed it

The Mid-sized Cities Mayors Group met in Cochrane final week with provincial social gathering leaders heading into the upcoming election, calling on the subsequent authorities to work with the caucus. Learn extra right here

Native martial artist Damion Smith not too long ago gained Gold on the Muay Thai World Cup at The Grey Eagle On line casino in Calgary. Learn the story right here. The Airdrie Echo all the time celebrates the sporting achievements of group members younger and outdated. Contact to submit an athlete who deserves the highlight.

The Know The place to Run occasion is developing in Could to boost funds to help victims of home violence. Learn the story right here

We caught up with the Airdrie Xtremes coach after the provincial championship on the weekend. Examine their win right here

Commercial 9

Content material of the article

E-scooters are again in Airdrie after final yr’s success.Learn extra right here

The Metropolis of Airdries Citizen Satisfaction Survey confirmed that the first considerations for Airdrie residents are infrastructure and healthcare. The quantity of people that mentioned they felt a decline in high quality of life fell within the 2023 survey to 30 % from 36 % in 2022. With this the massive driving issue was the speedy progress of Airdries. For extra concerning the analysis learn extra right here

Have a narrative to pitch? Electronic mail Riley at rcassidy@postmedia.comto inform us about it.


Horoscopes are revealed every day on See your horoscope at the moment!

Crosswords and puzzles

Take a look at the New York Occasions every day crossword and browse our every day comics.


Postmedia is dedicated to sustaining a full of life however civil discussion board for dialogue and encourages all readers to share their views on our articles. Feedback could take as much as an hour for moderation earlier than showing on the location. We ask that you just preserve your feedback related and respectful. We have enabled e mail notifications, you will now obtain an e mail if you happen to get a reply to your remark, there’s an replace on a remark thread you are following, or if a person follows the feedback. Go to the Group Pointers for extra data and particulars on tips on how to regulate your e mail settings.

Come to the dialogue

Commercial 1

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *